Welcome to the brislamic blog. The title was inspired by the city of Bristol, where I reside, and the main content of the blog which is Islam.
I moved to Bristol having accepted a place at University and have since stayed on after finding work here after my studies.
Aside from work, my main interests are:
- Traditional Islam with a focus on Sufism (I have found that much Wahhabism is expounded, whether knowingly or otherwise, in some of Bristol’s mosques).
- Scrumptious organic flapjacks at Harvest.
- Attending gatherings of the brethren.
- Sharing an occasional post with you by means of this blog.
- Veggie breakfasts at Cafe Kino.
Finally, here are links to some of my favourite sites:
2. Hu Books;
7. Amal Press (Based in Bristol!);
10. Lamppost Productions;
11. Sunna Books; and
12. Fons Vitae.